Congratulations! The Adventures in Diving (Advanced) course is designed to introduce you to several new underwater activities, increase your buddy awareness, challenge you and increase your diving self-confidence.
CLASSROOM & POOL
In the classroom your instructor will focus on various tasks you will be performing in the open water, equipment you will need to accomplish these tasks and review the all-important paperwork. During the pool session you will review some basic scuba skills and be introduced to some of the tasks you'll perform at the open water site such as: techniques for navigating, measuring distances underwater, buoyancy control and participate in a night pool dive.
You have the choice of completing your open water training dives at Camper World Hot Springs in Plymouth Utah (21 Miles from our store), Bear Lake Aquatics Base near Laketown Utah, or on one of our escorted group trips.
If you are taking the Adventure Diver Course, you will participate in three Adventure Dives.
If you are taking the Advanced Open Water Course, you will participate in five Open Water Training Dives. The Navigation and Deep dive are required for the Advanced certification. Other "elective" dives may consist of: Altitude, Peak Performance Buoyancy, Night, Wreck, Boat, Drift Diving, UnderWater Photography, Fish Identification, and many more.
The elective dives for your course will depend on the location and time of year. Be sure to ask when you enroll in the course.
PREREQUISITES FOR EITHER THE ADVENTURE DIVER OR ADVANCED DIVER
- Be a certified Open Water Diver or Junior Open Water Diver or equivalent
- Be at least 10 years of age for the Adventure Diver Course
(participants are limited to specific Adventure Dives).
- Be at least 12 years of age for the Advanced Open Water Diver Course
- Acquire a PADI Adventures in Diving student kit and complete the associated Knowledge Reviews.
- Complete the following PADI forms (bottom of this page)
- 10 and 11 year old participants must also read and sign, along with a parent or guardian, the Youth Diving: Responsibility and Risks Acknowledgement form and view the Youth Diving: Responsibility and Risks video.
STUDENT KIT INCLUDES:
- Adventures In Diving Manual
- Adventures In Diving DVD
- Logbook module
- PADI forms (mentioned in prerequisites section)
- Data Carrier Slate
- PRICE: $65 + tax
In order to perform the specific tasks, you will need to own the following items.
(Note: Select items can be rented)
- Dive light (for elective night dive)
- Laser or Chemical light (for night dive)
- Signaling Device
- Timing Device or Computer
- Dive Table
- Depth Gauge
- Divers Tool/Knife
- Student Kit
To print these documents, you'll need the Adobe Acrobat Reader.